Summer at Tortoise Cove'

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I'm tempted to move in. Could you use an egg boy?

AnimalLady

WOW! This is so awesome.

Question for you (i'm still learning!): How is it you can have so many in one "cove"? Is it because there are more than 2? Do any of yours fight?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
WOW! This is so awesome.

Question for you (i'm still learning!): How is it you can have so many in one "cove"? Is it because there are more than 2? Do any of yours fight?

Redfooted tortoises are sort of the exeption to the rule. They seem to get along ok in larger groups.

AnimalLady

Thanks Yvonne!

I still want a RF. If the opportunity ever just presents itself (like me not actively looking for one) I'm going for it, i'll just build another enclosure.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
The Reds do just fine in groups if ample room , food and " time out" space is available. Also the ratio of M/F to keep everyone happy. Here at the Cove' on the CherryHead side is a 3.9 group and on the hypo side is a 2.5 group (Males representing the fist number and Females second) You will see the occasional "face nipping" ...but this is a natural breeding behavior.

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Very nice, a lovely tortoise paradise!! :) I love the tiki decoration and the cactus -- very cool indeed!