Sulcatas, Russians and a Greek at my local pet store.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
Northwest Seed and Pet in Spokane has a bunch of tortoises that they have had for a long time. I feel so bad for them every time i go in there. I do not have room to take them, so thought i would post pics and prices here.
I would be happy to facilitate the purchase and shipping for anyone interested.
The biggest is Tut. I really don't think it would be feasible to ship him. I would guess he is in the 100 pound range. Someone close enough I would be willing to deliver or meet half way. I hate to see these guys in these little cages, no water, no UVB
So I can't figure out how to post pics here. If you might be interested text me at 509-230-9111, or email at [email protected]. I am happy to give more information. The Greek is $299, but all of the others are under $200. Both Russians are labeled as female, I believe all 4 of the Sulcatas and the Greek are male.

[email protected]

10 Year Member!
The more people buy from these terrible pets stores, the more they bring them in.

Annette

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Does this pet store constantly get tortoises in? Will they order more when these are gone? I think it is great to find homes for them. But I really hope they don't just order more.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I am not trying to be harsh or mean. I got my tortoise from a pet shop. But I just don't want you to get disappointed if they just order more in.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Actually the bulk of them they got from the sistr of the owner after she passed away. I bought the 18 pound leopard. They never have babies, so i don't believe they are ordering them. We don't have any rescues in this immediate area, so this pet store takes them.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Actually the bulk of them they got from the sistr of the owner after she passed away. I bought the 18 pound leopard. They never have babies, so i don't believe they are ordering them. We don't have any rescues in this immediate area, so this pet store takes them.
That's good then. Hopefully somebody will look at them. I know there are many people looking for female Russians.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
I hope so. These poor girls are being kept together in a small enclosre with several bearded dragons. They look so sad. I have tried to no avail to talk my husband into 1 of them.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I hope so. These poor girls are being kept together in a small enclosre with several bearded dragons. They look so sad. I have tried to no avail to talk my husband into 1 of them.
I have plenty of room outdoors for two more Russians, females that is, indoors is the problem.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Exactly. If they are still there this summer, i am sure i can talk him into it. Then we will figure out winter. He is trying to keep my tortoise addiction confined to one room. Lol

lyle

yes tut is now listed on there web site contacted them but they will not ship . would buy if I could have it dashed

Central Arkansas
I used to work at a pet store and no one knew how to really take care of Russians and they always ended up dying unless we marked them down. If it's a big store like
Petco or Petsmart, they're on 'auto order' which means they're always supposed to be in stock. Pretty much, if they die or they're sold they will get more in regardless. Because of me, my old store finally knows how
To care for the chameleons who used to drop like flies and if they still take care of the Tokay Geckos (who will spend months-year(s) there) like I would they may be happier considering the tiny space they cram 3 in. Luckily, they're harder to kill than a tortoise.

When the sulcatas get full size, if the person who buys them realize it, they'll probably let it loose in the wild. Same with iguanas and other animals that pet stores shouldn't sell. I met a lot of teachers who wanted a hedgehog as a class pet.... WRONG. I could really rant on, but I won't.

Tyanna

Wisconsin
I didn't get a notification when I was tagged! I was not ignoring, sorry! @Jodie, I've replied on the other thread, I' m going to send you a text, since that seems the easiest way to get a hold of me. (Darn teenagers ;)) LOL.