Sulcatas in Chino Hills, CA

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Neverland!
I emailed him!! I'm asking for pictures. I'm assuming they're horribly pyrimided, I just need to make sure they're not ill. That way he won't infect my others.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I emailed for photos, as well. Yes, it looks like both are absolutely caked in dirt/mud. Wonder what that's about! The smaller one is especially dirty. They're both pyramided, but good news is it doesn't look as extreme as some cases. I emailed back just now to see if I can get more info. Most notably, whether they're really housed in such a small tank full time, whether any other supplies are included, and full pic of enclosure (trying to get a better idea of their current husbandry).

Scary that they call them adults when they're so small. Wonder if they know what a sulcata really is...

turtlesteve

10 Year Member!
I was able to get your photos to work. Try this:

http://s954.photobucket.com/user/tf...ot_2013-10-27-20-52-52-3_zps5fc960f6.png.html

They definitely look dehydrated and need a rescue, but not nearly as bad as that big one last week. Don't worry about the white, I think it's glare from the camera. Albinos are out there but I wouldn't expect one to show up in a rescue situation like this.

Are you going to go get them?

Steve

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Got an answer back. They are housed strictly in the tank, no time out of it. :( He didn't offer any more info than that, though did mention he's glad his brother has to give up the animals. At least one of them recognizes the torts' care is crappy!

Now I'm curious about the snakes. Will be asking after a couple to see what's up there.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Wow! I'm usually fairly tech-ish and can make it work.. hmm. Well thank you and I'm going to email him back and see of he'll send me more pictures..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Not good picture, but sorta looks like desert tortoise to me.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Really? I was thinking the small one looks more like a Greek or Russian...

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
It's so hard to tell with those dirty shells... The poster is forwarding my email on to the owner, hopefully I can talk him into rinsing them off and sending better pics...

I will say, the pics were much larger when looking at them on my kindle last night, and the scales on the big guy's front legs look too big to be a CDT. But that was just one detail, and the phone screen is too small to take a closer look. (I miss having a computer so much right now!)

JennBell0725

5 Year Member
If one of you is willing to get them, I am willing to pay you back and pay to have them shipped to me. I can set them up in a storage container until the spring and then set them up outside. I'm in Louisiana so our weather is pretty fair so they will still get some outside time.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
I'm eyeing the big one. I have the space and I'm close, so I'm just waiting on a reply..

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Just got the same news... Hopefully they went to someone who knows how to care for them...