Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Bad things happen every day all the time, I have seen surgeries on tortoises and turtles and birds and dogs and cats because of people being stupid and for not caring.

Your method of mis-housing this tortoise now makes YOU one of these people.

I am trying to help you NOT be one of these people and create the need for yet another tortoise surgery.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Unless you are going to personally take in all of these unwanted sulcatas then maybe you should try to be more understanding. And really that goes for all of those on here that think I am this horrible person.

Understanding? You are housing an animal in an unsuitable way. I've spent my time trying to explain why it is bad, and to help you improve the situation. How is that not demonstrating understanding?

What does me telling you that what your are doing is likely to result in harm to your tortoise have to do with unwanted pets and irresponsible people? Can I not offer dog training tips unless I want rescue all the dogs in the world?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I acquired this tortoise from people that didn't want to take care of her and from what I have read there is a huge over population issue, so if people would stop breeding them then maybe I wouldn't have even ended up with her and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

So it is the fault of some remote breeder that:
A: These people were not prepared to take responsibility for the animal they bought?
B: You took it in, turned it loose on your floor, and are now mad that someone is pointing out that you not housing it correctly and putting it at grave risk of death, illness or injury?

As with many things on the internet, what you have read about "over-population" is wrong. But since I am apparently an *** for trying to help you and your tortoise you would care to hear me explain this anyway…

I hope you will reconsider the way you are housing this tortoise, your opinion of me, and your decision to leave this forum and the best resource for experienced based tortoise advice there is.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Congrats Tom, you and your tactics have chased away yet another person. You can stop now. :(

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Congrats Tom, you and your tactics have chased away yet another person. You can stop now. :(

And it has nothing to do with this person being called out on their actions?

Tell me. What tactic was going to work here? Mike gave her the most diplomatic response possible and her reaction was to tell us all about all the dangers she is exposing her tortoise to.

She needed to hear that what she was doing was wrong, and so do the new people reading this thread that don't know any better. Hopefully she'll get over it and take better care of this tortoise. If not, the tortoise is no worse off than it already was, and hopefully someone else reading this will realize that they shouldn't house their tortoise this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.