Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
dalano73 said:
I grind up my cuttlebones also, takes a little time but its cheaper than buying calcium in the bottle..

I just run it through the Magic bullet (flat blade)...and we're done in seconds;)

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
DeanS said:
dalano73 said:
I grind up my cuttlebones also, takes a little time but its cheaper than buying calcium in the bottle..

I just run it through the Magic bullet (flat blade)...and we're done in seconds;)

I didn't think about that, I think we have something that is simular to the magic bullet.

Also, I made the Lasagna for Vegas and he loved it, nothing was left but crumbs...

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
They all look great! I love the look of sulcatas. I just don't have the space for one, especially with my growing red foot herd.

May I ask why you've chosen to stop greens and stick with mazuri grasses?

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Today's numbers...Four months later!

1 August 2011

Aladar (9 years) 21" 52 lbs

Eggroll (18 months) 5" 312gr

Snowflake (18 months) 3 1/32" 84gr

Climber (23 months) 7" 1219gr

Jamie (23 months) 4" 213gr

Significant growth by all...even Aladar continues to grow steadily. Of course, Snowflake has finally broken the 3 inch barrier...she loves her Mazuri. Climber is an absolute beast...almost tripling his weight in 4 months. Eggroll and Jamie are doing quite well themselves. I think being outdoors 24/7 during these summer months helps immensely! There will be pictures coming soon!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
As mentioned earlier...here are a few pics from this afternoon! Aladar had just finished an entire cuttlebone...replete with membrane! Climber and Eggroll have Mazuri face remnants! Jamie HATES the camera! Snowflake just emerged from a nap...yawned (with full Mazuri face) and dug her way back into the tall grass for another nap! I trimmed a portion of her beak a couple months back...and the deformity has lessened some! Enjoy!

Aladar
30ws57b.jpg

Climber
1phsw0.jpg

Eggroll
ka4vvd.jpg

Jamie
34zevec.jpg

Snowflake
kcl06o.jpg

The end...For now!
biwc34.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It took me a minute to go back to page one and scroll through the old weights. Climber is on a tear! Wow. Aladar looks majestic and healthy as always. Seems like his growth is nice and steady. Eggroll seems to be having a spurt too. Glad to see Snowflake is still hanging in there. The weight gain is a very positive sign. I bet in he next few months, Snowflake will also start to have a growth spurt. She seems to have made it "over the hump". They are all gaining, just some faster than others. Fun stuff.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
I never get tired of looking at Aladar. He's a magnificent animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.