Stubborn torts

Tort2626

My torts eat only beans, pumpkin, cucumber and lady finger..no green leafy vegetables. How should I make them eat leafy veggies? They just smell those leaves and go back to sleeping..not even hibiscus. I even try to cheat them by placing leaves beneath the above mentioned fab 4 but this isn't working anymore.
What should I do?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Start by chopping the food your tortoise will eat up very small and then wet it.

Chop a tiny amount of new food very small and mix it with the rest. The water will make it stick and your tortoise won't be able to pick it out.

If your tortoise eats everything:
At the next feed increase the amount of new food in the mixture slightly and decrease the amount of food you don't want to feed.

If your tortoise refuses the mixture:
Leave it in place for 24 hours - it doesn't matter if it goes limp. Then replace with a fresh mixture in exactly the same proportions as the day before. You must soak your tortoise for at least 30 minutes in warm water on days when food is refused; they can go days without eating, but not drinking.

Take it slowly. Gradually increase the greens and take away the rest. Eventually your tort will be eating greens.

Be strong. It takes weeks to do this usually... and most of us have had to do it at some time :)