Stolen Suclata Help S. CA

[email protected]

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Mobile, Alabama
A few days ago we posted a request for help in recovering a stolen sulcata. Due to the circumstances we had the topic removed so not to compromise the recovery. I do appreciate all the support and volunteer efforts. Thank you everyone.

The effort to reclaim a beloved pet failed.  My friend made the four hour trip (8 hours total) to the location only to find that his sulcata was not there.  The three suclata at the location were not the same sulcata posted in the ad.

My friend is heartbroken that his beloved tortoise continues to me missing.  If you hear of any sulcata found in the Mariposa, California area please contact me.

Of concerned is the three suclata tortoises still with this person (who appears to be a quick-turn-around-for-a-buck scoundrel).  Whether the tortoises are stolen or picked up for cheap or obtained from a rescue group could not be determined.  What is apparent is there are sulcata tortoises living in terrible conditions.

Regretfully the conditions these tortoises are living is not "inhumane" but as keepers of sulcata tortoises we know it is wrong and these tortoises are miserable.

Attached are two photos so if they do belong to someone they can be recovered. If there is more information I will post it. 

What we as sulcata keepers can do is keep an eye on this person, the ads and distribute the photos in case they are someone's beloved pet.

Be smart. We cannot accuse this person of anything as we have no proof of any wrong doing. What we can be is vigilant. Watch his ads, get photos out, watch for wrong doing. Most important: don't deal with this person. Don't contact him. Be a watcher.

Here is a link to the ad:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/for/4278928202.html

Thanks for everyone input, help (Thanks S CA folks) and attention.

image3.jpegimage1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I really wish you the best of luck in finding them, I will keep an eye and ear open in my area. I really cant stand tort thieves, Im close to Anahiem Ca, if you need anything. I tried emailing you when Kens original post went up but it wont go through. pm me if you need any help in my area. best of luck to you

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't understand why, if the tortoises are in NorCal, he's advertising them on a SoCal craigslist?