Staying "Cool" at the Cove'

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very nice. I still want to make one of those rain walls. I just love it. Love your whole yard. But, I guess you know that. I say it enough:D
Who's that different looking Red in the back ground there? Yep, it's not a normal one:p:eek:

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Sunshine on a rainy day. ;). Cool.
Do they seem to enjoy going under the water fall Jeff?

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Is one of those licking a pebble, I've noticed this before with mine. Both hinges and reds seem to lick leaves,logs and stones when I create heavy rainfall. Even though they have fresh water baths they prefer the lick method sometimes.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
That's more than a few tortoises; that's an infestation! LOL.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Is one of those licking a pebble, I've noticed this before with mine. Both hinges and reds seem to lick leaves,logs and stones when I create heavy rainfall. Even though they have fresh water baths they prefer the lick method sometimes.
Yes... a few of them love stopping in the "creek" and sip a few.....the rocks themselves a large enough to prevent digestion . They all tend to go thru the waterfall and cool off. We have had weather in the upper 90's<~~~~yikes!

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
That's a pretty amazing setup! :) I could see Tortoise Cove on the tortoise vacation itinerary!