Prairie Mom

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
Spuds not very happy as he is inside today.

I am completely re doing his outdoor enclosure as the plants are all dying. My plan was to pull out all the plants and just to add a fresh layer of peat to grow on... Nope! The plants were so well rooted that I couldn't get them out and I ended up just pulling EVERYTHING out. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1471433793.664460.jpg
There was even a carrot that somehow found its way in there!
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1471433818.181940.jpg

I am picking up some more peat and am going to grow all the plants again.

Oh well, it shouldn't be too much longer until Spud is back outside again! He is literally climbing the walls inside! ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1471433933.270258.jpg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Even without the growing plants he can go outside.

Growing plants in trays and sinking them into the substrate makes them easier to swap out. As a short term measure, a tray of supermarket "living lettuce" will provide browse. (Sainsbury's and Waitrose do them for £1, so the others probably do too)

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
Even without the growing plants he can go outside.

Growing plants in trays and sinking them into the substrate makes them easier to swap out. As a short term measure, a tray of supermarket "living lettuce" will provide browse. (Sainsbury's and Waitrose do them for £1, so the others probably do too)
He will be out as soon as I've got more peat (hopefully today). I will grow seed trays but also chuck seeds straight in like last time. The only reason that he isn't out there at the moment is because I don't have any peat left at the moment lol :)