Spring is here! A small update on my gang

Pond_Lilly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tampa, FL
Today is really nice outside, so my little herd has been enjoying some sun. Here is a little update with pics.

Sunny (she is the biggest one, and I think she is a girl), she is well-tempered and a nice tort all around
DSCF8848.JPG

Berry (possibly a boy, it would be fun to finally sex them and see how wrong I was assigning sex based on their personality). Berry is the most social tort and also a bit neurotic too, will come check me out (Sunny will do it too!), both know I will give them a treat.
DSCF8847.JPG DSCF8851.JPG

Dude (possibly a boy too) has this crazy coloration, he is very unusual.

DSCF8852.JPG DSCF8853.JPG
Mister Pipsi (a boy too?) is the smoothest of them all, he is very bold, not scared of anything and is the best swimmer in the gang.
DSCF8849.JPG
Two new babies:

Clovis (thank you Allegra!) looks very nice, intense colors, and very cute
DSCF8859.JPG

Persik is another cutie, has extra scute on front, and interesting sort of pinkish tone to his shell.
DSCF8857.JPG

Some extra images for comparison of their different colors

DSCF8855.JPG DSCF8858.JPG

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Very nice. Thanks for sharing. Persik looks unusual. All look well looked after.

Pond_Lilly

5 Year Member
Tampa, FL
How big are these torts? They look really good.
Sunny is the biggest one, she is around 7.5 inches, the rest is between 6 and 6.5 inches. Sunny is 5, others are around 4 years old, excluding 2 babies.

They are very beautiful!

Did you know that Perzik is the Dutch word for peach? Maybe that's why Persik is a bit pinkish!

I did not know that! I named him Persik after Russian word for peach, and it sounds so similar to the Dutch word.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Sunny is the biggest one, she is around 7.5 inches, the rest is between 6 and 6.5 inches. Sunny is 5, others are around 4 years old, excluding 2 babies.

I did not know that! I named him Persik after Russian word for peach, and it sounds so similar to the Dutch word.
Cool. Nice slow growth then.

How often do you bathe them?

Pond_Lilly

5 Year Member
Tampa, FL
Cool. Nice slow growth then.

How often do you bathe them?
once a day, they get a bath in the morning. When they are outside, I spray enclosure few times with the hose, unless it rains. If they are inside, I mist them several times per day. They do not have any sort of inside enclosure, just some bin they sleep in, during the day they are outside most of the time, unless it is too cold.

JourneyN15

They are gorgeous and healthy looking! All of them! I have the same set up as you - an outdoor pen and a sleeping bin indoors for 60 and below temps. Thankful for sunny, warm climates. Had a surprise in a sleeping bin Friday morning.
IMG_2882 (480x640).jpg

Pond_Lilly

5 Year Member
Tampa, FL
They are gorgeous and healthy looking! All of them! I have the same set up as you - an outdoor pen and a sleeping bin indoors for 60 and below temps. Thankful for sunny, warm climates. Had a surprise in a sleeping bin Friday morning.
View attachment 165698

yep, warm weather is definitely a bonus. Mine also LOVE Florida's rains, once it starts raining, they just march around the enclosure, nothing stops them. Do you keep them outside at night too in summer? I am kind of afraid to do so because of wildlife we have here. Nice surprise!

JourneyN15

yep, warm weather is definitely a bonus. Mine also LOVE Florida's rains, once it starts raining, they just march around the enclosure, nothing stops them. Do you keep them outside at night too in summer? I am kind of afraid to do so because of wildlife we have here. Nice surprise!
Marching. Haha :p They may get a chance to march in the next couple of days, then!
I do let mine stay out on summer nights. They're in a 6 ft. high enclosure with a width of 2 bricks buried just inside the fence line. I know what you mean about night time critters! If there's a chance anything could dig under or come over, I would keep them in at night as well. Your Redfoots are certainly beautiful!

Pond_Lilly

5 Year Member
Tampa, FL
Very nice looking group!
Thank you!
Nice looking group.
I'm south of you and mine just haven't perked up yet.
They are still a bit sluggish and sleeping a lot.
They only perk outside when it is warm, at home they would sleep all day too :)
Marching. Haha :p They may get a chance to march in the next couple of days, then!
I do let mine stay out on summer nights. They're in a 6 ft. high enclosure with a width of 2 bricks buried just inside the fence line. I know what you mean about night time critters! If there's a chance anything could dig under or come over, I would keep them in at night as well. Your Redfoots are certainly beautiful!
Thank you! I bet mine would sleep outside too, but we just have too much wildlife here where I am.