Spring brings flower feeds...

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
Ummmmm!!!! Yummmmy!!!!ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1491499345.036356.jpg mine have not been that crazy about flowers up until just recently. I have been buying the edible blooms for them for the lack of 100% organic source around where i live and those "salad flowers" are NOT CHEAP! Like 3$ for a small lil' box the kind that they package your herbs in. It kinda upsets me when i have to compost those. There is no way my family would eat flowers in their salads either:( i guess I am raising all picky eaters: human and tort babies

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
Hahaha!

I'll stop crying about the flurries we had now.

My wife, daughter and I just went on our first outdoor run of the year, sunny and 45 today! We're going to have a heat stroke once we get back to Texas lol

saginawhxc

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
In the Midwest; I never let my guard down till after Easter...and even later. Keep my snow shovels handy till mid May.
I'll never forget being on vacation in Nebraska as a kid. Easter Day was 70f and sunny. We were running around in shorts and tee shirts. We woke up the next day to 19 inches of snow on the ground. We had packed absolutely no winter gear.

Meanwhile here in Michigan it snowed last night, my town is flooding, we lost power today and our basement immediately filled with water, but... This weekend is supposed to be 70 and sunny.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
I'll never forget being on vacation in Nebraska as a kid. Easter Day was 70f and sunny. We were running around in shorts and tee shirts. We woke up the next day to 19 inches of snow on the ground. We had packed absolutely no winter gear.

Meanwhile here in Michigan it snowed last night, my town is flooding, we lost power today and our basement immediately filled with water, but... This weekend is supposed to be 70 and sunny.
The same thing happened to us in New Mexico! Well, not 19 inches of snow, but there was snow, and we had only shorts and tees.

Bee62

Germany
Hahaha!

I'll stop crying about the flurries we had now.

Poor you and all that have still snow.
I don`t want to see snow any longer ! I hate it ....
I am happy to have 59 F. Dandelions are growing . When the sun comes out of the clouds I go out an d I am collecting sun rays like a tortoise .... LOL...

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Crazy weather! Here around Texas Hill Country we have not had any Winter this year. Only 2 nights temp drops just below freezing (like 30-29F)and warm during a day. I have never put away my family's summer wardrobe. Only got few jackets and long pants out and those are usually for early am. Last 2 days have been "cool", 44 at night and 70's climbing up to 81 towards late afternoon. Same today: 47 now, then 70's and up to 80 later. After those "2 cool days" we are getting back to our "summery spring" temps. One of my boys already took a swim in his friend's pool. He did admit it was too cold:)