[split] sulcata tortoises ... should I be worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

julianna2012

5 Year Member
hi again my tortoise (i think i might name him/her sunny littlefoot etc) sometimes just seems to sit their plus he ducks his head in his shell sometimes and seems to be trying to wipe his nose sometimes i hear popping noises from his nose but hes eating okay i soaked him in shallow water and he got a little more active after that... any advice

p.s i dont have any money to go to the vet im saving some though... should i be worried? thx julianna

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
hi again my tortoise (i think i might name him/her sunny littlefoot etc) sometimes just seems to sit their plus he ducks his head in his shell sometimes and seems to be trying to wipe his nose sometimes i hear popping noises from his nose but hes eating okay i soaked him in shallow water and he got a little more active after that... any advice

Well, the few things you describe here would not worry me....if all of your enclosure set up checklist is in line then I would not be overly concerned....however, if there are no real behavior issues, then your tort sounds all normal...:D

As far as the popping noise and then becoming more energized after a soak, perhaps double check your temps to assure they are not too high and also be sure that you keep your tort hydrated....

julianna2012

5 Year Member
ok thx but his plastron ( under shell) is like going up and down when i press and on one of his ears theres something that looks like orange earwax HELP im really worried and again dont have any money to go to the vet

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
on one of his ears theres something that looks like orange earwax

Okay now, this statement raises a potential worry flag....however, may we please see a pic so we can see what you are seeing? I know this may seem like a dumb question, but is what you see on the side of his head stuck on food? Did you check? Did you take a q tip and gently touch the spot? Is is ookie or is it solid?

You have a young baby, so the underside of the shell (plastron) should have some pliability....not mushy, but a little give is alright....

julianna2012

5 Year Member
thx guys ur the best i never really thought it could be food ill check but sorry im having trouble posting pics :)

Status
Not open for further replies.