[split] new with found redfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth74413

5 Year Member
My bro found a red footed tortoise, no one has claimed so now he/she is mine. I live in south floirda., want to build a enclosure on side of house, with house wall on side and have to make something along sides-very big area. Will bring him/her in at nite due to roaming cats, and that is just the way i am with my pets-VERY PROTECTIVE>>>. I will put some large pebbles to get out of sand/mud and a shelter to hide under when needed. I already gave him some cat food and tomatoes which he ate(out of my hand) going today to but more fruits/vege, but I am worried about enclosure. i have a big fenced in yard, but I do not want him roaming without me. How to escape proof an closure? any photos?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome, Beth74413!!

Lots of times people find box turtles with red legs and think they have a redfoot tortoise. You might know for sure that you have a redfoot, but just for the sake of us knowing for sure, can you post a picture of your tortoise?

Florida has wonderful turtle/tortoise weather. I'm sure that if you look through our enclosure section you will find many ideas for making a secure and safe enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.