[split] new to the forum with redfoot question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpdhld

5 Year Member
[/color][/size][/font]Hello all I am Heather and I just purchused a RedFoot Tortoise I do not know how old she is the pet store said that is was the smalles they have ever recieved a tortoise before. She is about 4 inches long and 3 inches wide. She sleeps ALOT and will only eat or drink when I bring her to her food or water. She never eats much, and I am worried that she is not getting enough to eat.

jpdhld

5 Year Member
HEllo

Hello all!
I am new to the Tortoise world~ We just bought a redfoot tortoise! We got her from a pet store they did not know how old she is they said they never have had a tortoise so small befor! She is about 3inches wide and 4 inches long~~~ she sleeps ALOT and I am not sure that she is eatting and drinking enough, she will only eat or dring when I move her to her food dish or water dish...is that normal?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Heather:

Would you like for me to have our administrator change your username to something besides your email address? We don't usually like to have our email addresses posted all the time like this on the internet.

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like for us to call you?

Also, when we know approximately where you are, it helps us design our answers to better fit your questions.

Your new little tortoise is probably pretty stressed out about having to move to a new home. Plus, baby tortoises are prey and stay hidden most of the time. Its not unusual for them to only eat if you dig them out. Put it in front of the food then quickly move out of sight. Once the baby gets more comfortable in its new home, you can start to interact more with it.

Please go to the turtle library and read about your new redfoot tortoise:

Tortoise Library

jpdhld

5 Year Member
yes that woul be great! I am in centeral Minnesota...can we change my user name to jpdhld ? Do you have any idea how old my tortoise is? One place e-mailed me and said 4 years old but some of the other things I have read have me thinking maybe she is younger.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Heather:

4" in a straight line from front to back is probably around two years old.

I've sent a request for changing your username to our administrator (Josh). Give him some time. He's a busy guy.

Maybe if you post a couple pictures of your new little lady? Most of us use a free picture program, either photobucket.com or tinypic.com. they make adding pictures to your posts quite easy.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Welcome to the forum.... and to the wacky world of tortoise keeping. I am guessing this lucky little Redfoot is your first ever, correct?

jpdhld

5 Year Member
Yes she is! we researched for 3 months before we bought her, i thouhgt I was so prepaired! haha!

Jacqui said:
:D Welcome to the forum.... and to the wacky world of tortoise keeping. I am guessing this lucky little Redfoot is your first ever, correct?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Nobody is ever totally prepared, so don't feel at all bad about it. Plus even then, there is always something to tweak a little or something new to try. Your doing fine.

jpdhld

5 Year Member
IMG_0242.JPGIMG_0236.JPG

lets see if I did this right and her picture is there! By the way her name is Jewel! My 6 years old son named her!

Last edited by a moderator:

jpdhld

5 Year Member
well she is still alive :p so that is good!

Jacqui said:
Nobody is ever totally prepared, so don't feel at all bad about it. Plus even then, there is always something to tweak a little or something new to try. Your doing fine.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You did indeed do the pictures correctly. Tell your son he did an awesome job coming up with a very fitting name. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.