[split] help sick sulcata rescue with bubbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlefarmer

5 Year Member
[split] help sick sulcata rescue

I need help!! I recently was given a sulcata as a rescue and Ive been trying my best to read as much as I can about his care and health. He does have a calcium deficiency and has a "squishy" shell as well as pyramiding. We have been giving him calcium like crazy. But today when I came home, he has bubbles coming out of his nose. He was last soaked 3 days ago. I know with my boxies and redfoots that this could be a respritory infection. Im trying to find out for sure what to do but are finding very conflicting advice online. PLEASE HELP!!! I am already so worried about this sick guy!!

turtlefarmer

5 Year Member
Bubbles!

Please help!! I was recently given a 3 year old sulcata as a rescue. Ive been trying to study up on them because I dont know much about them. He has a calcium definceincy and has pyramiding. We have been dosing him up on calcium, meanwhile today when I came home he has bubble coming out of his nose. I know with my boxies and redfoots, this can be a sign of a respritory infection. PLEASE give any GOOD advice!! Im already so worried about this sick guy!! And my turtles are my babies!

Attachments

• Squishy.jpg
    Squishy.jpg
    895.8 KB · Views: 35

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
make sure he is getting some real sunshine.. stays nice and warm, does not get chilled.
Is he active and eating? if so, you might be able to just up his temps and he can recover.. if he is sluggish and not eating, he needs meds.
Or if he is still eating, then the meds are easier to get into him, and you dont have to wait it out.. go to vet and get liquid or pills and 'feed' them to him.
They can also do a culture on the bubbles to see what Rx would be best. I used Baytril.

oh.. and VERY important to keep him away from your other torts!

turtlefarmer

5 Year Member
Thank you! Hes not with the others and I take him outside everyday (just moved and waiting for fence to go up in 3 weeks). He is eating but not a lot and hes a little sluggish. I have an appointment with the vet tomorrow. Thanks again for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.