Southern Redfoots or Bolvarins

Onidara

So have many people have breeding groups of these guys? I have 2 males and 3 females, all adults. I just don't really see people with them and I know of 3 off the top of my head that have some but that's it.

Onidara

My group a 2.2 all of them are 11 inches plus. Also I'm getting a 13 inch female in a week. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489716775.083672.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489716784.770891.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489716794.642475.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489716814.018569.jpg

Bryan

10 Year Member!
I didn't respond because I kind of already covered this back when you first got your Bolivians (is there a reason that you call them Bolvarins?). I know quite a few people that keep and breed them, more keepers than breeders naturally. There are more than 3 people outside of you on this site that keeps them to the best of my knowledge. Off the top of my head: Allegra, Terry, Kelly and myself all have Bolivians. I know of at least 5 others that have Bolivians without racking my brain too hard. I know of at least 2 others that have an adult or two and have produced intergrades. Then there are countless others who have bought animals from at least 2 large producers in Florida.

They are not extremely rare unless you have a specific locale that is different than the mass shipment or shipments of animals that cdmay saw back in the 80's. They are less plentiful than Brazilians/Cherryheads and Northern locale redfoots. They are beautiful animals that can grow quite large and they can retain much of their color into adulthood while others tend to "bleach out" their head scale colors.

Those are very nice animals that you have there and they are very worthy of a project.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
That are beautiful in the variations of colors. But the pair I have are the text book yellow head red legs and just huge! You should have fun breeding those and seeing the rainbow that hatches.