Some pix of our new CDT enclosures

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, CA
We have been slowly making changes to our enclosures for our 2 CDTs, Gomez and Morticia. There's more we plan to do, I wanted to share the latest. The clay pots have testudo mix and dandelions. The plantings in the ground are drought tolerant native grasses and succulents. The burrows are topped by cement pavers. And the giant tree stump is for me to sit and watch. Total cost including plantings is $60, though we were able to use a lot of stuff we had laying around, like old firewood and renovation leftovers. The wooden fence was originally built to hide pool equipment, but also helps keep out our dog. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1465756202.012450.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1465756220.054425.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1465756260.591571.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1465756291.007360.jpg

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
We have been slowly making changes to our enclosures for our 2 CDTs, Gomez and Morticia. There's more we plan to do, I wanted to share the latest. The clay pots have testudo mix and dandelions. The plantings in the ground are drought tolerant native grasses and succulents. The burrows are topped by cement pavers. And the giant tree stump is for me to sit and watch. Total cost including plantings is $60, though we were able to use a lot of stuff we had laying around, like old firewood and renovation leftovers. The wooden fence was originally built to hide pool equipment, but also helps keep out our dog. View attachment 177102View attachment 177103View attachment 177104View attachment 177106

Very cool....love the sitting stumps....I would love them here, however, here whenever there are things like concrete steps or wood stumps those become places that ants congregate under....stupid ants......love the pics..