Soaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
I have a question about soaking. Seeing as how I keep mainly forest type torts, I always have a shallow bowl for voluntary soaks. I also have a couple Stars and they also voluntary soak. How many of you force soak as opposed to voluntary soak?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My adult Yellowfoots and my adult Burmese soak on their own. I have large tubs for them to climb into. The leopards don't soak, but take drinks out of their waterer. The box turtles soak on their own. The desert tortoises don't soak, but take drinks on their own. The sulcata likes to sit in his water and throw it up on his back. But the babies of every kind never seem to know about soaking on their own, and sometimes if I forget to soak them on a daily basis I'll find one with stuck shut eyes. So I try to remember to soak the small tortoises every day.

Yvonne

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I don't ever soak my Red-Foots. But I do mist them daily, and of course they have a large dish for self-soaking.

I soak the rest (Russians, Greek) weekly, and TRY to get the Leopard yearling twice a week, tho' it seems more weekly. Oh and I should add, they all have dishes for soaking as well, and I catch at least one or two Russians in it daily!

Status
Not open for further replies.