soaking question

Tactical Tort

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern CA
3 years? If so he should be drinking well long ago. Does he soak on his own yet? Have you provided a big enough water dish for him to do so as he chooses?

Tactical Tort

5 Year Member
Northern CA
Pyramiding isn't only caused by lack of soaking. Diet plays a part as well. Does he have a humid hide for sleeping? It looks (from the pic) as his habitat is outside.

Tactical Tort

5 Year Member
Northern CA
He does have a water dish he can soak im its about 12 inches big while he is 8 inches

Oh ok. Sorry misunderstood. :)
Sounds like your doing well with him. Personally I won't soak mine at 3 more than once a week if he's soaking himself regularly and in a humid hide. I'm sure other more experienced members will chime in soon ;) Give you more opinions so you can decide for yourself what you want to do. I do mist mine while he's outside and I'm walking by and thinking about it ;)

Tactical Tort

5 Year Member
Northern CA
Oh yea he has a calcium block he munches on and every week or two i give him some grassland tort food or mazurzi

He probably needs more. A vitamin supplement and calcium supplement added to his food. They grow a lot and need quite a bit. That might be contributing to his pyramiding maybe.