Soaking/pooping question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

UMDRunner

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Duluth, MN
I soaked my russian in the tub yesterday and he did something very strange. He pooped at least 6 times the amount she's ever pooped in a day before. She went 4 times, and 2 of them were massive, 2-3 times as big as normal. Could something be wrong? Or was she just excited/stressed from being in the tub?

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
I think soaking has a laxative effect on torts, particully dryland type. My stars will void into their soaking bowl when ever they go in it. Believe it or not it is not as big a thing with me RFs or Burmese. I'd say not to worry, just clean the bowl out.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Yep sounds pretty normal to me!!! Don't be worried!

S

stells

sounds like he was stressed to me. what were you bathing him in?
Russians do tend to hate there baths i know all mine do.

S

stells

Sorry just noticed you said in the tub which i'm guessing is the bath tub?
Maybe try bathing him in a smaller container next time.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
My Greeks do poop almost eveytime I soak them But the sullly Well she pood more than I have ever seen, like yours It must have been 6 or more large poos I think she had nothing left is the only reason she stopped. It was stress It was quite obvious. she was backing up in the water like she had never seen or touched water before. And she may not have. Now she streches out in the water as she is given regular soaks and is begining to seem to enjoy them. She hasn't pood in the water in a few days but I have found some in her enclosure so I know she is going. Stills Piddles if you turn her on her back though.

Status
Not open for further replies.