So my tortoise just pooped this...

Creedence

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA
So today my roughly 5 inch female Russian pooped this. It's so long! It'd be about the same size as her if it was straight. I don't know if this is normal. What could be the cause? She's outside all day and sleeps indoors. She has a pretty well varied diet of weeds that she grazes on at will but I do give her some spring mix in the morning. She's also been eating more rose petals and leaves than she normally does. Help?

tortpoop.JPG

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Did you pull it apart to see whats holding it together? Fishing line or even plastic bags have been eaten and just push thru their systems without being digested. Could be from inpaction you didn't know about.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sometimes a ling string of poop like that is held together by interwoven blades of grass. There's no way of knowing unless you pick it apart and take a look.

Creedence

5 Year Member
Sacramento, CA
Well, I just picked the thing apart with some toothpicks. I think it might be grass. She has quite a bit of long grass growing in her enclosure; I planted the Russian tortoise seed mix from Carolina Pet Supply as well as a few types of weeds I transplanted. Anyways, what do you guys think? Grass? pooop.JPG

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
My Russian female just laid one of these this wekend. I thought it was a stick and realized to late that it was not. My brain was screaming at me hand to stop but it did not.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
OMG not another poop thread. (j/k)
Looks like it was simply held together by some long undigested grass. Unusual? yes, weird? yes Bad? no not really. as the old saying goes (Feces happens)