Sleeps and eats.

Fl@sh

Hi guys, my Leo is 1 year old. He sleeps lots and eats lots too. He is active now and then but mainly sleeps. He eats a good meal every morning then retires to his hide. Just want to know if this is normal? My temps are all good and he is growing. Thats why it's so weird. Thank you
Looking forward to hearing from you

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
I have one who is like this. Some things that might help would be a big enough enclosure with plenty of cover, so he feels safe wandering around. Slightly warmer temps also will encourage activity.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. My one year old pretty much does the same. He does wander around some, will mess up his water dish, move his hide around, but for most of the day he's sleeping. Quite normal as long as temps and humidity are correct. Temps 80, day and night with humidity of 80% and basking 95-100

Fl@sh

Lol that is exactly what mine does. Ok cool hahaha. Yeah my temps are perfect to the point of paranoia . Thank you its reassuring that it's normal lol

Fl@sh

I have one who is like this. Some things that might help would be a big enough enclosure with plenty of cover, so he feels safe wandering around. Slightly warmer temps also will encourage activity.
Awesome thank you. Yes my enclosure is plenty big :D

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
Personal curiosity - when you say "temps are perfect" and "enclosure is plenty big" what temperatures, day and night, do you mean and how large is the enclosure? We see such a range of answers to these questions here, I am always curious.

Fl@sh

28C cool side and 38 degrees on hot side. his indoor enclosure is 90cm by 30 cm and his outdoor enclosre is like 1.5 meters by 2 meters , i alternate between the two depending on the outside temperature :)

Fl@sh

I've had him or her lol since he was a few weeks old, egg tooth and all :p

Fl@sh

This is Flash, aka Barry

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170223-083206.png
    Screenshot_20170223-083206.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 27