Sick?

tamstorts

Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
ok so my 4 month old cherry head red foot doesn't seem to be feeling well. He's not moving around much & he's not eaten in a couple days (so not like Sonny he'll eat daily & fall asleep in the food dish) and I've noticed he's not opening his eyes now. I've soaked him in a baby food bath 3 times now twice yesterday & once today with little change (yesterday he was walking about a bit more). When we first got him he benefited frim the "baby baths" as we hadn't worked out the substrate, humidity lighting etc but this time has me puzzled. My other red foot, just a couple weeks older is doing just fine. We've worked out their habitat to accommodate each ones likes ex: Scarlett likes to "bask" Sonny doesn't seem to need / want the extra heat so 2 CHI's one on 24/7 the other 5 hrs at mid day UVB tube light and maintaining humidity between 65-70, with 2 water dishes to drink from a 15 minute soak daily & a regular food schedule with calcium once a week, fruit twice a week, protein every other week & greens daily, they've been doing fine until just boom Sonny's isn't feeling well. How do I assist with his eyes? I'm thinking if he could see better he might meander over to the food & eat something I tried wrapping him in a warm towel after the "baby bath" and gently rubbing his eyes nope wasn't having any of that head straight into his shell?!?!?!

tamstorts

Indiana
Another soak & his eyes opened but still no desire to eat & is now walking a little weak or wobbly...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Put him in an enclosure by himself. Bump up the heat to 85 and continue with the baby food soaks and add piedialyte also to the soaks.

tamstorts

Indiana
Haven't been on in awhile because we ended up loosing my sweet Sonny

Attachments

• IMG_3697.JPG
    IMG_3697.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 11

Bambam1989

East Texas
So sorry for your loss. Were you able to pin point the cause of his sudden sickness?

tamstorts

Indiana
No not specific, Scarlett never showed signs of illness I just think Sonny may have been ill when we got him & no matter how hard we tried (baby food soaks, higher temps, force feeding) he just couldn't / didn't get better

Attachments

• IMG_3754.JPG
    IMG_3754.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 9