Sick adult Red foot tortoise

wyblegirly22

I got him yesterday and he ishaving trouble breathing his eyes are little watery and he sneeze a lot he is breathing heavily I can't take him to the vet right now is there anything I can do to help

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
I got him yesterday and he ishaving trouble breathing his eyes are little watery and he sneeze a lot he is breathing heavily I can't take him to the vet right now is there anything I can do to help
Why do you believe he is having trouble breathing? Is the throat expanding and then deflating repeatedly? What type of material are you using for the bottom of his enclosure? What type of heat and humidity are you using? What size is the tort and where did you acquire him from?

wyblegirly22

Why do you believe he is having trouble breathing? Is the throat expanding and then deflating repeatedly? What type of material are you using for the bottom of his enclosure? What type of heat and humidity are you using? What size is the tort and where did you acquire him from?
I use the coconut substrate and he is 9 inches and I got him from a breeder I only notice the trought sometimes sometimes