Shell deformities

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Here is one of the prettiest hatchlings this year, but it has some moderate shell deformities. I was hoping it would straighten out more, but I think this is as straight as it gets. Luckily, he is very outgoing and the malformations don't seem to affect his overall health or movement. I used a point and click and for some reason the red tones are popping in the pics. He is more of a strong orange with tints of red.

Here he is with one of the normal shelled hatchlings so you can see the differences:

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So FL
Great color! I hope his friends don't make too much fun of him! No bullying!!!

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
I dunno...in time that might all straighten out. In fact, I bet it does.
But if it doesn't then just call it a 'saddle-back' Galapagos/Red-foot/Cherry-head

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Nice looking color.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
He is just different is all. But I got to ask, is he really that orange? he is stunning.

YvetteAimee

Color is still beautiful. Someone will not see anything but a lovely tort and treat it well.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Where's Jacqui. I know she really likes the different underdog sorta type torts. She would probably love this one too.

tortoisetime565

Oklahoma
I recently acquired a Sulcata hatchling from @diamondbp who was hatched sideways. She is the most outgoing little thing I've ever seen!! I love underdogs!! Go team #deformedshell

allegraf

10 Year Member!
He is just different is all. But I got to ask, is he really that orange? he is stunning.

He is actually more orange than those first pictures, I couldn't figure out how to tone down the reds that kept popping up in the pictures. I had to google it and here is a more true representation of his color. I also took pics of some of the other holdbacks that are likewise "off colored" (not red)

Squish(original tort in OP):

Two of Ramubtan babies that I'm holding back. One is interesting, the head is getting redder and the legs are staying orange and the other is staying a uniform orange:

Ranbutan's keeper and the original Squish:

The two Rambutan babies and Squish, Squish is at the bottom:

The two rambutan babies:

Cool brown one-still keeping brown! The white stuff is the calcium powder-thought it would just wash off but I guess it needs a scrub:

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Beautiful Orange's/Red's .....no doubt!

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
Great looking young. So much color!!! Any red ones showing that much? You know I'm a sucker for the reds!

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Shell deformity or not, still a great looking hatchling!

The others are gorgeous too! Thanks for sharing

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Where's Jacqui. I know she really likes the different underdog sorta type torts. She would probably love this one too.

Your quite right, I do! :) He is stunning, but being how he is one of Allegra's, what else could he be but stunning. :)