Shedding alot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

towelie200

5 Year Member
My Russian has got a lot of peeling skin, I'm not sure why exactly. maybe I'm not bathing him enough?or maybe the substrate is too dry? any ideas would greatly be appreciated by Sheldon and I :)

towelie200

5 Year Member
I rescued him, they said he was around 10-15, but we aren't exactly sure

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
It's likely just because he is growing but if you could take some pics that would help us out and see if maybe something else is wrong. I would mist him down a couple times a day and soak him at least once every three days until the skin sheds off.

towelie200

5 Year Member
im sure thats what it is. because he has been acting normal just as usual, he has been burrowing a lot too. maybe that could be a factor?

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Boston, MA
As long as the skin underneath looks healthy I wouldn't be worried. Don't peel the loose skin off though, let it come off naturally (more baths help). I recall reading somewhere on TFO that Russians are well-known for shedding a lot, but be sure to do your own research too :) . I would give more baths while he sheds, everyday would be best!

towelie200

5 Year Member
I'm planning on that :Dthanks for the info! all the skin underneath looks good and healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.