Sea Turtle Videos

dabears4

Having fun here in Quintana Roo Mexico with the turtles. The first few days were a little slow, but things have really picked up.

Been following turtles for many years now when I come here but have never seen some of what I am posting below before....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which way to the beach ?

(It's nice when they all cooperate for the camera - 2 greens and a logger head)

Filling the nest

Green turtle laying eggs in a very full 100+ egg nest.

Riding the Waves

Turtles mating close to shore

It's time NOW

Loggerhead turtle landing to nest in the early evening while the sun is still out ( warning 7-8 min video )

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very cool. I just spent some time in Hawaii and their green sea turtles. I could watch them forever.

dabears4

Very cool. I just spent some time in Hawaii and their green sea turtles. I could watch them forever.

Here in Mexico they don't "ever" come up during daylight (greens and loggers). I tell my wife the loggerhead that came up during the day looks more like a bad movie prop than I expected.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The green sea turtles in Hawaii are said to be the only ones that will come on shore to bask in the sun. Otherwise they only come ashore to lay. They go ashore and bask among the beach goers. Their oldest and biggest at the one beach will go right up to people. We seen him about an inch from a guys toes until my son pointed the turtle out to him. The guy moved very quickly. The beach is patrolled by volunteers, so the turtles are looked after so humans can't harm them in any way. I don't know how they do it, the volunteers. Just in the few hours we were there, I could have bashed a few heads in, some people, ugh :mad:

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Cool video. Thank you for sharing it.

And Welcome to the forum.