scale issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

tort man

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mass.
My tortoise is a rescue and just got good news he will survive! I just have a few questions his scales are cracked and peeling pretty badly. I know he was very dehydrated and was told to soak him 3 times a day. i dont want to peel them off but they look pretty bad. Can any one give me some in sight i searched the forum there seemed to be no one with this problem.

no help i guess

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
I would get some vitashell and start applying that after the warm water soaks, that should get the shell a little more plyable. could you post a picture of your tort? also what kind is he?

tort man

5 Year Member
Mass.
SulcataSquirt said:
I would get some vitashell and start applying that after the warm water soaks, that should get the shell a little more plyable. could you post a picture of your tort? also what kind is he?

hes a russian. the problem is on his arms and legs.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Vitamin E oil brushed on during a soak and the excess brushed off under running water, I swear it really helps hold in moisture, even my torts growth lines stay white longer when I use it.

Also it doesn't have all that other "junk" in it that vitashell has.

tort man

5 Year Member
Mass.
Weda737 said:
Vitamin E oil brushed on during a soak and the excess brushed off under running water, I swear it really helps hold in moisture, even my torts growth lines stay white longer when I use it.

Also it doesn't have all that other "junk" in it that vitashell has.

Thank you i will try this!

Status
Not open for further replies.