Samsons new enclosure

Sara G.

Location (City and/or State)
Long Island, New York
It's so beautiful!!!! I'm jealous! When can I move in?! ;)
You should be very proud of yourself.
That's a lot of work and it certainly shows.
I think my only worry is that one spot with just the board and the empty space above it. I feel like your tort will be climbing over that in no time but his enclosure/yard is so nice I'm not sure where he'd want to go! :D

Rue

Canada
Beautiful!

I only have one question...can Samson fall in the pond?

samsmom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CedarCreekLake, Texas
I think my only worry is that one spot with just the board and the empty space above it. I feel like your tort will be climbing over that in no time but his enclosure/yard is so nice I'm not sure where he'd want to go! :D
Thank you! We have worked really hard! I'm not sure what board you're talking about, i can't think of anything?

samsmom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CedarCreekLake, Texas
Beautiful!

I only have one question...can Samson fall in the pond?
Of course there is always the chance that he could but we've tried to take every precaution against that! It is also not very deep!

Reactions: Rue

samsmom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CedarCreekLake, Texas
I think maybe you're referring to the board in the corner by his night box? If so that is where he will dig his burrow! The wood on top is for shade over the opening! At least that is where he dug last summer and I'm hoping that is where he digs again! I don't think he can or will climb on top of it but he can't get out if he does!

Sara G.

Long Island, New York
I think maybe you're referring to the board in the corner by his night box? If so that is where he will dig his burrow! The wood on top is for shade over the opening! At least that is where he dug last summer and I'm hoping that is where he digs again! I don't think he can or will climb on top of it but he can't get out if he does!

I mean the one I guess by an opening in the fence?
There's an opening and it looks like there's just a board along the bottom but no gate or anything. There could be a gate, but I might not have seen it.

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
t2035.gif

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
WOW! WOW! WOW!

I'm so,so impressed with what you have done. Samson is a lucky tortoise! ! ! ! !

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Besides being jealous of all that green grass, I love it!!!
Sampson is one lucky guy and you gave me some ideas!!

samsmom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CedarCreekLake, Texas
I mean the one I guess by an opening in the fence?
There's an opening and it looks like there's just a board along the bottom but no gate or anything. There could be a gate, but I might not have seen it.
I think we're talking about the same board and if so its in the corner of a chain link dog run. That was his first outdoor enclosure, 10x5 covered dog run. His night box is inside the dog run and last summer that spot is where he dug his 6ft long burrow! We keep the gate to the dog run open all the time now. Last year we fenced in a 30x30 section inside our back yard which includes the dog run. This year we doubled the size but continue to leave the dog run in place. Our entire yard is wrought iron fencing. We installed corrugated panels along the bottom of the wrought iron fence so he couldn't see out and to hinder smaller animals from coming in. Our plan and hope is that he is pretty secure but I do realize we're dealing with a sulcata and in all actuality nothing is secure! Pretty sure that by this time next year he'll have free reign of our entire backyard!