Russians poop is now white. Is this normal

Abcd

Hello.this is Skippy's mom!! Skippy is a Russian tortoise and I have notices his poop Jas changed from black rolled clump to white and wet(similar to a bird's). I have beem using a calcium powder speinkled on his veggies. Will this change his fecal matter or should I be alarmed?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Tortoises will excrete Urates, they are white and should be like the consistency of tooth paste, not hard or gritty.
You should be only using a small pinch of calcium once or twice a week.

tortoiseplanet

Earth
Tortoises release three wastes: poop, white urates, and regular yellow urine. That is one of the three.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1494966231.105906.jpg
Don't feel bad my wife called me at work all excised " you tort layed a egg with no shell " I'm thinking the egg must have broke . But she said there is no shell . So I ask her what does it look like ? She says a egg with no yolk and no shell ! Well we all know now what it was .

Bee62

Germany
View attachment 207659
Don't feel bad my wife called me at work all excised " you tort layed a egg with no shell " I'm thinking the egg must have broke . But she said there is no shell . So I ask her what does it look like ? She says a egg with no yolk and no shell ! Well we all know now what it was .

LOL ! A very nastily egg....