Russian tortoise weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimmiekims

5 Year Member
Hi all, I am still finding my feet with my little tort but I am loving every minute with him! When I got him I noticed he had a few wee bubbles in his eye, they seemed to go away but then he started keeping that eye closed! I took him to the vet who said it could be a sign of a respiratory infection so he gave him an antibiotic injection and I've got eye drops for him now! While we were at the vet he weighed him and said he was quite light! My question is this, he is approximately 1-2years old and 3inches long, what would be a normal weight for a Russian of this size?

Any help much appreciated, kimmie.

Here are some pics of Melllvar enjoying the little sun we get!
image-2478924165.png

image-3182081256.png

Snowqueen75

5 Year Member
My two are 3 in September one weights 124 g and the other weights 134 g. Apparently the bigger of the two has just had a growth spurt

kimmiekims

5 Year Member
Snowqueen75 said:
My two are 3 in September one weights 124 g and the other weights 134 g. Apparently the bigger of the two has just had a growth spurt

Thanks for the reply! I just weighed him and he's 107g, seems ok to me but I guess the vet knows best! Don't really know what to do to get him to his ideal weight though!

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Broomfield, Colorado
My male:
4.36 inches, 352 g

My female:
4.89 inches, 516 g

According to the Donohue Equation, your Russian tortoise, at about 3 inches long, should weigh at least 85 g. So right now, at 107 g, he weighs about 127% of the minimum, which is good. :)

kimmiekims

5 Year Member
GeoTerraTestudo said:
My male:
4.36 inches, 352 g

My female:
4.89 inches, 516 g

According to the Donohue Equation, your Russian tortoise, at about 3 inches long, should weigh at least 85 g. So right now, at 107 g, he weighs about 127% of the minimum, which is good. :)

That's good to know, the vet got me worried about nothing then! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.