Russian Tortoise for Adoption (Central Wi)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kralizec42

I am looking to re-home my sister's adult male Russian, Boris. My sister and I originally bought Boris and my tortoise Lazarus, another male, about a year and a half ago. I then built them an enclosure to live in together. When I moved out to go to college I brought both tortoises with since my sister didn't have her own enclosure. But recently Boris has become aggressive will incessantly ram and bite at Lazarus if they're left together. I have no where else keep Boris and my sister is afraid that her dogs will harm him if she keeps him with her. So we're looking to find him a new home. I'm not sure about age since we bought them both from a pet store.

mrscornsnake

Are you willing to ship. I have a large enclosure ready to go just been weighting to adopt a new Shelly. He would be in his own area with 8 other shellys near by. We live in CT and have turtles and have been looking for a tort for a bit.

Tori Sparrow

Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
Hi, my name is tori, not sure where you are. I'm in Florida, looking to adopt a Russian tortoise. Willing to travel in Florida or pay for shipping if you want to send him here. I Have cared for reptiles, but I am looking to adopt my first tortoise. Feel free to message me or email at [email protected]

Kralizec42

I'd rather not ship him across the country, especially in the middle February. He'd freeze to death. Thanks.

Kralizec42

Boris still needs a new home. If there is anyone near central Wisconsin who is interested please let me know.

a.albright2013

5 Year Member
I have a Russian Tortoise currently looking for a friend, I live by Chicago and depending on where you are maybe we could talk about shipping or meeting? Thanks!

Kralizec42

Hi, I actually live in Madison so I think we could probably meet halfway pretty easily. Can you tell me about what sort of set up(like enclosure) or experience with torts/reptiles your friend has? Or since you have some experience, how committed would you be to making sure your friend gets set up well to take care of Boris if they haven't had reptiles before?

Morgan6600

Hello I live in Stoughton, about 20 min from Madison and am interested. If you haven't found a home yet and have any pictures I would love to see them. :)

RitaAbby

Hello - my family lives just west of MAdison and we are looking to adopt a tortoise. We are travelling to Illinois tomorrow to meet a Russian that needs a new home. We are seeking a tort that is personable and comfortable with human interactions. We would like our tortoise to be able to have time out of its enclosure.

We actually hope to be a tort household by tomorrow, but if it should not work out and Boris is in need, we would be interested. We plan on only one tortoise and it sounds like he needs to be a lone tort.

RitaAbby

Wonderful. I figured he had. We came home with our new family member today - officially a tort family!

Status
Not open for further replies.