Russian sleep habits

fajita

Location (City and/or State)
southern indiana
My little girl fajita has been sleeping non stop through out the day and she barely comes out of her house. The MVB and UVB comes on at 7 am and shuts off at 9 pm. After the heat lamp comes on she basks for a little while eats and then goes back to her bed. After that she will only come out to bask for a few minutes and then she returns to sleep and doesnt come out till the next morning. I recently took her to the vet for antibiotics due to an eye infection which now she is completely over. i feed her with a diet of rep cal daily tortoise food and i only feed her at morning time and i just time it out for how much she finishes in 20 minutes. some additional information is that the normal temperature in her habitat is between 70 to 80 degrees with a humidity of 40 percent. If you can help me figure out what is wrong with her or give me some advise i would really appreciate it.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
First, calcium no more then a pinch twice a week. Too much is not good. Second what is the basking spot temp? They have to be able to warm themselves up over 85. That area should be 90-100. Feed more then what they can eat in 20 minutes. They don't need to be timed. In the wild they would graze most of the day off and on. How often do you warm water soak an adult 1-2 times a month and does she have water available 24/7 in a low sided large container? In the 70% area of the enclosure, I would bump that up to 75 for the day and it can go to 70 at night. Also how large is the enclosure and does she have an outdoor enclosure for warm days? Although the they are small, they need a big space, minimum 4x8

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
It sounds like to me as well your tortoise is too cold

fajita

southern indiana
First, calcium no more then a pinch twice a week. Too much is not good. Second what is the basking spot temp? They have to be able to warm themselves up over 85. That area should be 90-100. Feed more then what they can eat in 20 minutes. They don't need to be timed. In the wild they would graze most of the day off and on. How often do you warm water soak an adult 1-2 times a month and does she have water available 24/7 in a low sided large container? In the 70% area of the enclosure, I would bump that up to 75 for the day and it can go to 70 at night. Also how large is the enclosure and does she have an outdoor enclosure for warm days? Although the they are small, they need a big space, minimum 4x8
to make this simpler ill answer your questions one at a time
1. i give her the TNT powder mix from carolina pet supply 2 times a week with moistened greens
2. I just measured the heat output of the heat lamt was 103 f
3. she is not an adult i would say she is a juvenile and i give her a warm water bath 1 time at the end of the week for at least 20 minutes.
4. she does indeed have a water container that gets sanitized with boiling water to make sure to kill anything that is in there after use.
5.i can bump the temperature up some.
6.the enclosure right now is 2 feet wide by 3 and a half feet long which tomorrow im expanding out to 3 feet wide.
7. she does not right now but anytime im outside she is outside with me and i usually spend a good deal of time outside.