russian look healthy?

jillianc

Can you tell me if this guy is healthy appearing?

Attachments

• Spart.jpg
    Spart.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 47

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern California, bay area
looks healthy to me but can you take a picture of his beak, it might be over grown. also can you tell us what you are feeding him? what is enclosure looks like? are you using a uvb light? are you a knew tort owner:)?

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
adopt him!!:D he looks healthy! his beak looks a little over grown but that can be fixed easy with some cuttle bone and feading him on a rock. i asked those questions so see if he was being given proper care.:D

jillianc

Ok thanks! Been looking for a while and didnt want to get an unhealthy little guy.

jillianc

I made a 10x4 outdoor enclosure separated into a desert section with rocks a shallow pool and foliage and soil on the other side. Three hiding areas. Minerals. Veggies and edible plants. Have uv and a heat lamp for tortoises. Also have a 2x4 indoor enclosure for winter. Supervised time out in the back yard.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Sounds like you are really making it nice for him! What'll be his inside digs? Like russian/sulcata/tortoise said, overgrown beak are easily fixed.
I have to say, russian torts aren't really 'desert' animals. May I ask what that side includes? Sand is almost always a nono :D