1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!
  2. Hey Guest! Pre-order your 2015 Tortoise Calendar TODAY! Proceeds go to keeping TFO online and FREE for everyone! Thanks for your love and support!

Russian for adoption in North Central Illinois

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by niki090909, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niki090909

niki090909 New Member

Hi everyone, I have a Russian Tortoise named Pokey. He's a sweet fella who I purchased at the dreaded PetCo about 3 years ago. He was a spur of the moment purchase, I'm guilty. Though over the last few years I've done a LOT of research on him and he is given a good home here. The issue I am having is that he could have a BETTER home. He lives in an indoor enclosure now, and I always had the intentions of building him an outdoor pen for nice weather. This is where my guilt comes into play. I haven't gave him the exceptional home he deserves.

I'm seeking an adult to adopt "Pokey." Someone who is well researched in their care and who who keeps these guys as a hobby who really enjoys them! If I can't find that, I'll keep him as I know he has a good home here, I just want him to have a GREAT home.

I live in the northern part of central Illinois. I'm wiling to drive a way to meet someone half way. I'm not shipping him. Pick up/Meet Up only. Please reply with serious inquires and a bit more information about you and your experience with these guys.

Picture below,
    Thanks![​IMG]