Russian Enclosure

onebigdude

I've always had bearded dragons and have a very nice enclosure I built. Dimensions are 48"L x 24"W x 24"H. WIll this house a full grown russian? I don't have room for a tortoise table.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
An adult Russian should have a large outside enclosure. Assuming this, a smaller inside enclosure for short periods of bad weather can work.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I've always had bearded dragons and have a very nice enclosure I built. Dimensions are 48"L x 24"W x 24"H. WIll this house a full grown russian? I don't have room for a tortoise table.
A very warm welcome to the forum!

Any pic(s) of the enclosure? I do realize that you mentioned its size but a pic would also help give you advise.

Please read the "Enclosures" Section.

onebigdude

I live in Ohio, so an outdoor enclosure isn't an option with the winter. I don't have any pictures of the enclosure at the moment since I'm at work. Like I said, I've always had bearded dragons, also a ball python, but wanted to switch things up and go with a tortoise. I guess I'll look around and see if I can find something that would fit comfortably

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I live in Ohio, so an outdoor enclosure isn't an option with the winter. I don't have any pictures of the enclosure at the moment since I'm at work. Like I said, I've always had bearded dragons, also a ball python, but wanted to switch things up and go with a tortoise. I guess I'll look around and see if I can find something that would fit comfortably
Please read those links I posted, they will help you understand what you need to organise.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Russian tortoises hibernate, so it really doesn't matter what your winter weather is like. It gets pretty cold in their native country too.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
I keep Russians outside from March through October in Spokane WA. I have heated night boxes, and hibernate them in winter.