RT Not Active???

Oogway the russian tort

My Russian tort Oogway isn't very active as he use to I'm not sure if it is cause of brumation or what but he sleeps in his hide all day and I have to wake him up to eat and to bask because when I wake him up he is kinda cold. His temps on cool side 75 and on hot/basking spot is 90-110. His uvb and Eva are all new what could be the problem is he depressed because if so how can I help and btw his enclosure is 3x6

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
My Russian tort Oogway isn't very active as he use to I'm not sure if it is cause of brumation or what but he sleeps in his hide all day and I have to wake him up to eat and to bask because when I wake him up he is kinda cold. His temps on cool side 75 and on hot/basking spot is 90-110. His uvb and Eva are all new what could be the problem is he depressed because if so how can I help and btw his enclosure is 3x6
That's a huge range of temperatures for basking. It should be between 95 and 100. Any hotter is too hot and any cooler is too cool... either way your tort won't be active.

I very much doubt your tort is depressed. It's more likely to be temperature related.

Can you post photos of your heat and light arrangements please so we can see what is going on.

Also a picture of your thermometer so we can see what type it is.

Finally, are you using compact UVB? That type of bulb hurts tort eyes and can make them hide away too.

Oogway the russian tort

That's a huge range of temperatures for basking. It should be between 95 and 100. Any hotter is too hot and any cooler is too cool... either way your tort won't be active.

I very much doubt your tort is depressed. It's more likely to be temperature related.

Can you post photos of your heat and light arrangements please so we can see what is going on.

Also a picture of your thermometer so we can see what type it is.

Finally, are you using compact UVB? That type of bulb hurts tort eyes and can make them hide away too.
no I don't use cfb I use a villa halogen bulb and a zilla uvb fixture and a zoomed power sun, and he used to active after and I didn't change anything so I don't think it is temp related but I well definitely make sure that his temps are ok

Kasia

Location (City and/or State)
Poland
I have another issue Oogway doesn't seem to have a big appetite lately I'm very worried
Did you recently checked his stool for parasites? After winter when he was eating less and sleeping more something could spread in his guts. If you're sure that the lights and temps are fine I would proceed with a fecal test. Best wishes for you both :)

Oogway the russian tort

Did you recently checked his stool for parasites? After winter when he was eating less and sleeping more something could spread in his guts. If you're sure that the lights and temps are fine I would proceed with a fecal test. Best wishes for you both :)
OK I will soon once I find a good herpetologist. Vet

Oogway the russian tort

@Kasia ty so much as a week ago we went to the vet and found out he did have pin worms! luckily he is recovering from it if it wasn't for u It would have taken me a long time to see if it was worms.