Roxy's Looking Better

Turtleluv

I think I'm doing a pretty good job. This girl looks pretty happy to me. She absolutely loves laying under her lights or maybe she knows she needs the uvb that bad. Either way, she looks pretty comfortable. I, personally, think she is the cutest little turtle deformed shell and all.

1492785455278.jpg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Turtleluv, could it be that the rest of the enclosure is too cool for the turtle to be comfortable?
I don't know the history of the animal. Just when one stays under a lamp, it is trying to get it's body warm.

Turtleluv

No, she's just lived 8 years without a uvb or heat lamp. Previous owner was clueless. The rest of the enclosure is just fine. I think she's just enjoying it. She roams her cage throughout the day, but comes out to bask for an hour or so every morning when I turn it on.

Turtleluv

So I have now had Shelldon, who was formerly Roxy until I noticed his unmentionables one morning, for nearly two years. While his color is so much better (used to be gray) his shell has never gotten any better. It never seems to dome up as it should. He has turned into a completely different animal then the poor soul I rescued two years ago. He is so much more active and eats like a pig. He used to seem to only want earthworms but now seems to prefer veggies. My question is will his shell ever improve at all or will it just stay flattened like it is. I know it will never round up like it should from the neglect but I expected some improvement. He gets UVB and heat everyday. I change bulbs every 6 months. I give calcium powder. Am I missing anything.

1554814286782663154788.jpg