Rock iguana?

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
I can't speak for rock iguanas, but I can tell you that green iguanas are a ton of work, they need a ton of space and even with daily handling they can go from "puppy dog tame" to you sitting in the ER wondering if you've lost your nose and eye because your 13lb ig launched himself at your face mouth first in a fit of hormonal rage.

Sounds oddly specific, right? I'm not in a spot to go dog up the photos, but if you Google "Iguana face bite" I'm usually the top 3 results.
Actually you're the first result! What did you do with your iguana after that?
I'm so glad we found someone who wanted my son's iguana before we moved. Agreeing to buy it for him was probably one of my worst decisions. We never got bit but we did get tail whipped, and his nails were sharp.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Actually you're the first result! What did you do with your iguana after that?
I'm so glad we found someone who wanted my son's iguana before we moved. Agreeing to buy it for him was probably one of my worst decisions. We never got bit but we did get tail whipped, and his nails were sharp.

I worked with him for weeks afterward trying to get him to calm down and he was really aggressive and upset. I believe the change came on because I switched from having my boyfriend living with me who he had known his whole life to a roommate who brought a lot of random bar dudes home into his territory.
Unfortunately because she was terrified of him and she was paying rent he went to live at a pet store as a display about why you don't want an iguana. My face was right on the cage.
Unfortunately the lady who took him was a moron. She got bit as well by being in his cage up in his face and that was the end of him. I advised her against playing kissy face with him after he showed how unpredictable he was and she had the gall to tell me that they had "an understanding" - Something they developed in a month that I couldn't have possibly had after 6 years with him.