Restless

Status
Not open for further replies.

steamy0712

5 Year Member
Please help I have a two year old spur thighed female that can't keep still and falling over on her back climbing the walls

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi steamy0712:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

steamy0712

5 Year Member
Hi my name is Steve and I live in Dorset my tort lives in a viv and is very active trying to climb the corners I wondered if the viv is to warm but it's only 20 c will she die if upside down for a long period very worried now

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
If she's upside down under the light, she might die.

Can you put something across the corners so she can climb there? Can she see out of the viv (glass)? You may need to wrap it with paper so she can't see out.

steamy0712

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
If she's upside down under the light, she might die.

Can you put something across the corners so she can climb there? Can she see out of the viv (glass)? You may need to wrap it with paper so she can't see out.

Put a piece of wood in front of the glass but it has made no difference she still climbs and ends up on her back

M

Maggie Cummings

If she's that restless she may be very unhappy with her viv and is trying to get out and get away from it. So you need to figure out why she is not happy, what is wrong with her house? Check your temps, check her light, her food. Go over your husbandry and figure out what is wrong with her house. I don't know your temps in Great Britain so she needs to have 95 degrees under the basking light and 70 degrees at the cool end. So you need to figure out if her temps are alright... Is her food good? Is her substrate good and deep? There are many questions only you can answer...

steamy0712

5 Year Member
Her heater is a ceramic 100w with a thermostat set at 20 / 23 I have a Arcadia d3 basking lamp which I don't use because on a thermostat it will come on when temp drops at night and be on and off all night my uv bulb on a timer is a small curly repti glo bulb 10.0 that will come on at 7.30 and goes off at 5.00 her substrate is beech chips which a reptile shop recommended she has a good diet of kale broccoli dark spring cabbage dandelion clover spring salad Her viv is 3ft x2 x2 so hard to get a cool end even though the light and heater is both at one end 2ft of her viv I have a nice piece of slate where her food is she does settle eventually but worrying when she turns over

Status
Not open for further replies.