Respiratory problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlwarner

5 Year Member
My Tori is making a kinda bubbly sound when he breathes out. No bubbles from nostrils that I could tell he was eating veggies so his beak was wet. When I went back out to check he did the normal gush of air. What should I look for as signs?

And also are cucumbers ok to feed? My parents are visiting and feed him some without asking.

Thanks for the help.

I forgot to mention he is around 35-40 lbs not sure if that matters other than knowing its not a hatchling.

cljohnson

5 Year Member
RE: Resiptory problem?

I don't know much about respiratory problems. Maybe someone else will come along that can help you with that.
A am pretty sure that with a tort this size almost any occasional treat ( fruit or vegetable ) is fine and shouldn't be the cause of any problems.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England

Cucumber is fine to feed occasionally, but contains little nutritional value. Because it is almost entirely water it can give your tort diarrhoea if fed too often.

With RI you are looking for nasal discharge... a sort of mucus.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California

RI, some signs is change in eating habits, lethargy, mucus discharge from nose or mouth as well as possible really runny eyes....

If your tort had just chomped some juicy, wet veggies...then a few bubbles or juicy breath would not be abnormal...and a good test to see if you really have a wet breathing issue when not involving juicy foods is...when your tort does the quick exhale of breath---does it sound normal and not wet? If yes, then all should be fine, taking into account that all other "norms" are good...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.