Respiratory infection. ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyjean22

5 Year Member
I saw a slight discharge from Vern and I took her to the vet but when he examined her he said she appears to be in perfect health... only saw the discharge once since them.. am I being an overprotective mom??

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Probably, but that's okay, we have all been there at one time or another. Keep an eye on her and make sure her temps are correct and don't let her get cold. If it happens again, I would boost up her temps about 5 degrees. Please read Toms threads below in my post for a great way to raise your sully. The temps should be no lower then 80 with a humidity of 80% and a basking spot of 95+.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
What kind of discharge was it? Just watery? What was she doing before that? Eating? Drinking? Did you soak her just before? Sometimes these things will cause slight discharge...

ladyjean22

5 Year Member
I'm guessing perhaps she had a drink before I got home.. I haven't seen them since. I will keep an eye on her though. I've moved a few times (once across the country) so I know she was under stress

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using TortForum mobile app

Thanks for all the help! This may be the best app/site I've found so far! I've had her for a while but it's kinda like raising a kid. You still get the situations that you have no idea about. I'm STILL learning as I go! You can do all the research in the world but you still have questions

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
ladyjean22 said:
I'm guessing perhaps she had a drink before I got home.. I haven't seen them since. I will keep an eye on her though. I've moved a few times (once across the country) so I know she was under stress

Thanks for all the help! This may be the best app/site I've found so far! I've had her for a while but it's kinda like raising a kid. You still get the situations that you have no idea about. I'm STILL learning as I go! You can do all the research in the world but you still have questions

I agree. Many of us here are still learning and this site is the place to share those lessons. Some times the tortoise is the best teacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.