Rescued Sulcata WARNING!! GRAPHIC PIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfun39

5 Year Member
Hello APBT

I just read this entire post and was so happy at first that you found a home for him that someone would take care of him for the rest of his life.....................Then the accident happen and I was speechless and literally started to cry a little. All my torts are rescues and my heart goes out to all displaced torts. I would love to rescue them all but right now I have limited space and have been just trying to stick with smaller tort species or hatchings till I have the space for larger torts (which will be within the next year).

I am just so happy that Cricket has such a drive for life and wants to live. It makes my day a little brighter to know that hes still going.

Please keep on going with this thread it really is a joy to know that hes going and your keeping him going. I love the pictures please keep them coming.

Thanks again for being there for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Thank you Mrfun39!

Update on Cricket:

Cricket was approx. 2 months old when I got him, which means he just recently had his 1st brithday! :D

Here are some pictures of him from today. He looks a little more pyramided, due to his lack of humidity during his recovery, but he is now back to smooth growth! His new humid hides are helping out a lot.

5cna08.jpg

ir7tjm.jpg

2r44sie.jpg

28lumv4.jpg

kf2u4y.jpg

1gmzoi.jpg

2s999tt.jpg

k3kn0x.jpg

2ywhmhh.jpg

243kpw5.jpg

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Look at that attitude! He seems to have survived his ordeal just fine! The amputated area looks like it healed without any difficulties!?!

October

5 Year Member
San Tan Valley, Arizona
My brother once had a tortoise that came to him missing that same foot. We don't know how it happened or the treatment or if it happened in the wild, but she was able to get along just fine and it didn't slow her down one bit. She too had quite the personality!

Cricket is such an adorable little guy and I'm glad I stumbled on his long and successful story. He seems to "fit" in his shell so much better in the recent pictures too. Keep up the good work!!

M

Maggie Cummings

Cute face and cutest ever butt!!! Happy birthday Cricket!!!

Tonka's Dad

5 Year Member
As a new sulcata owner I found this thred/story really interesting and informative. I'm glad you have had the guts to post the good, bad and ugly so that others could learn from your triumphs and missteps. Me and Tonka, my hatchling have a better chance at success thanks to stories like these. Looking forward to more updates.

TheNorwegian

5 Year Member
Bergen, Norway
I was just going to bed in a few minutes.. but then i found this thread...
You, and little Cricket are heroes, and fighters!

How is he now, Is he doing alright? :tort:

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I also just ran across this thread for the first time. I am hoping that the person who asked permission to write a childrens book will keep up with this post and also include the portion about the accident. What an inspiration it would be for children with disabilities.

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
Thanks for bumping up his thread! Cricket continues to do really well!

He still has that cute little face, but is starting to grow up! He is still on the smaller side (although his humidity is helping his growth), but I will have to get some new pictures of him.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Kelly...I think we're in need of a Cricket update! Aladar wants to see pix too!;)

Amanda1

5 Year Member
Plainfield, IN
I found this thread today and just couldn't stop reading...what an amazing story. I'm glad Cricket has recovered so well. I'd love to hear an update too. Hopefully the rest of his life is much more uneventful. :)

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
I glad you got it. I'm not being mean but if you can't take care of a turtle or have no clue then don't get one until you get some knowledge. Sorry that makes me mad people do that to tortoises and turtles. Thank the LORD for Everything in Life

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
Yes! Cricket is doing very well! He's enjoying living outside while it is still warm. I want to re-arrange his enclosure, perhaps re-build it all together. The weeds in his enclosure are driving me crazy, as they grow so quickly and he is still small, so he either lives in a jungle or I rip them off often.

I haven't been on here much lately, and have been super busy with no time to do anything enjoyable, but will hopefully be able to get new pics of him for everybody soon! I know Dean has been dying for new pics. Haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.