Rescued Red Foot, seems very sick

Location (City and/or State)
Lincoln, Nebraska
Update on Lil mama, the red foot tortoise. Pretty concerning respiratory infection which I will be treating with antibiotic injections. The vet said she is in pretty bad shape and very weak. He said it is very possible that she has muscle damage from such neglectful care and inappropriate diet. However, her shell is great other than the pyramiding. He didn't quite understand how since she is in such bad shape otherwise.
I did find out that someone have the tortoise to her 2 year old twin daughters for their birthday. #TryingNotToJudgeTheStupidity
Side note; I'm now charging admission to the katsy's kinder care zoo so that I can pay for her $177 vet bill. Lol

Big Ol Tortoise

pflugerville Tx
Update on Lil mama, the red foot tortoise. Pretty concerning respiratory infection which I will be treating with antibiotic injections. The vet said she is in pretty bad shape and very weak. He said it is very possible that she has muscle damage from such neglectful care and inappropriate diet. However, her shell is great other than the pyramiding. He didn't quite understand how since she is in such bad shape otherwise.
I did find out that someone have the tortoise to her 2 year old twin daughters for their birthday. #TryingNotToJudgeTheStupidity
Side note; I'm now charging admission to the katsy's kinder care zoo so that I can pay for her $177 vet bill. Lol
I hope she gets well! Me and Mrs.Turtle wish you and your new friend the best.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1481601185.232717.jpg

TerrapinStation

Detroit, Michigan
Woooohooooo! great job and THANKS for rescuing this tortoise. They are tough creatures.

+ 1 on continuing the soaks. Not sure if anybody mentioned it, but mix a jar of organic Carrot baby food into a warm bath, the tortoise can soak up some nutrients while also getting hydrated.

Keep the faith, I am sure your new friend will perk right up after some intensive care. Congratulations and best of luck.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
We are all rooting for her complete recovery!
She is lucky you got her, no matter how this turns out. You are obviously a very loving and caring tort person!!!

Wherethetortiroam

5 Year Member
Major props to you Katsy on rescuing this tortoise. I wish you and this tortoise the very best.

How is she doing?

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
Great rescue!! My goodness such neglect...how is she doing now??

Lincoln, Nebraska
Hello everyone!!
Thank you for all the support!!! Lil Mama is doing AMAZING!!!!! I am so in love with her! She is such a sweet docile tortoise and not one bit shy. She loves kale and strawberries and her soaks! I gave her last injection on Tuesday. We found a new tortoise vet here in Lincoln that we are gonna go visit. I need a follow up for her and some more testing. The previous vet did great with her and decided to not put her through a lot of tests because we were not sure if she was gonna survive the RI, which I agreed with as to lessen the stress on her. The only reason we are going to see a different vet is because my friend worked as his vet tech and had amazing things to say about his knowledge of tortoises. This new vet also can perform surgeries on tortoises. I decided I have a knack for this and I am starting a tortoise rescue. Having a vet with his knowledge will come in handy. I will keep everyone updated.

Wherethetortiroam

5 Year Member
Omg totally awesome. Do tell where and who this vet is. I've so longed for a knowledgable tortoise doc.

My Her-bertbaybay is about the same size as lil mama