Rescue this Sulcata!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I can't help it. The poor things. However, for anyone that might be able too, would you be willing to be there go between and help out with the shipping if needed. Not pay for it, but things like actually do the shipping, if the seller won't? Just might get him a new home faster.

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
wellington said:
I can't help it. The poor things. However, for anyone that might be able too, would you be willing to be there go between and help out with the shipping if needed. Not pay for it, but things like actually do the shipping, if the seller won't? Just might get him a new home faster.

I would absolutely help with that. :) If anyone is interested let me know. I just want the poor thing to find another home that is more knowledgable.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Vishnu2 said:
wellington said:

I would absolutely help with that. :) If anyone is interested let me know. I just want the poor thing to find another home that is more knowledgable.

Bless your heart! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! ! !

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
She is a beautiful animal.Wonder if she is really a she.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
That is one pretty tort. She does not look like she is being abused or living in poor conditions. Many people keep inside homes for their torts in the winter and have wonderful outside homes weather permiting so take some comfort in how good she looks and don't dispair too too much for her just yet. She might be in a wonderful home. That said, I wish I was in your area because I would love to take her and that pen she is in would make a GREAT indoor baby box turtle house for my babies! Good luck! I hope someone comes along soon and can help her out.

justino4444

5 Year Member
That enclosure is half the size of my indoor enclosure for my RUSSIAN tort. So messed up

argus333

5 Year Member
She doesn't. Look to bad, still time to save her an fix shell a little.

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
I contacted the person on CL. I offered her a home (she is a she or so they think). I figured I have an older tortoise table that I could keep her in till someone else took her. On this forum or whatever. The owner of the tortoise explained to me she would be just fine in that glass cage for another 5 years or so. I explained kindly I would take her for $100 without her tank. Owner declined telling me the tortoise needed her own home and loved it in there (she spends Summer's and Winter's in there and loves it). I guess we all have our opinions about what a better home looks like.
By the way, I sent them a link to here. Explaining I was apart of a forum and they could ask plenty of questions about her at least trying to find her a better home. At least they would know they were giving her to an awesome person on here. They seemed partly interested. :) I am glad for that.

ckromulus

5 Year Member
Contacted this person and told them I'd take the whole setup. I am just going to use the tank as a hospital tank in the event any of my animals get sick. I have a 700 sq ft enclosure with heated deckbox and edible landscaping in my backyard here in south florida. We will see if the owner responds. I would need her to shipped to me. Anyone know where this tortoise is located?

ckromulus

5 Year Member
She is refusing to ship the tortoise! Its too bad bc I have a great space down here in south florida and have been looking for an excuse to expand it.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
People are crazy. Right, sure, she loves her little postage stamp... Who needs proper space to thermoregulate, hide, and exercise? :( Seems like 8" is quite small for a 7-8 yr old Sulcata, too, even if her shell is very nice looking...

Hopefully this baby lands in a better home... Wish I were closer and could help in some way...