Redfootbreeder.com aka Ernest Johnson

Mike05

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
Hello there. I've only posted a couple times but I read what ever I can. I was just curious if any one has watched his videos? How knowledgable he is? He talks about some stuff that I haven't seen very much on other sites and it looks very well done but I wanted to see what ya'll thought since I couldn't find any thing about him or his site on here or on other sites I have been to. Thanks for any info ya'll have. :)

Mike

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I've spoken to him in the past.
He was very helpful while I was figuring how much fruit and what types to feed my Redfoot.
And he seems very humble and open about different ideas.
I like him.
That said....Since I've been a member here, I haven't searched anywhere else for help.
I simply haven't needed to.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sorry, never heard of him.

MysticCaribou

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sweet Home Chicago
I never heard of him either. Tortoise Forum is like a tortoise encyclopedia so I haven't looked further.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you want to look elsewhere for information on RF tortoises, turtletary.com is a good one, and also Mike Pingleton's book. It's pretty up to date. I think it just came out last year or the year before.

Mike05

5 Year Member
Virginia
Thanks for every ones replies. As I was saying I like to read whatever I can get my hands on or watch. Just for example he put up a detailed video on what fruits and vegetables have the most nutrience value to redfoots. Like he says the best green to feed them is Turnip Greens. Plus I don't remember seeing it any where else but he says Pineapple is really good to give them, after Papaya, Mango, and fresh Figs. And he gives all the health facts for each thing. I just found pineapple unusual because again I don't really remember seeing that any where else. Thanks again. :)

MysticCaribou

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sweet Home Chicago
Thanks for every ones replies. As I was saying I like to read whatever I can get my hands on or watch. Just for example he put up a detailed video on what fruits and vegetables have the most nutrience value to redfoots. Like he says the best green to feed them is Turnip Greens. Plus I don't remember seeing it any where else but he says Pineapple is really good to give them, after Papaya, Mango, and fresh Figs. And he gives all the health facts for each thing. I just found pineapple unusual because again I don't really remember seeing that any where else. Thanks again. :)

My little girl loves pineapple and strawberries.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
He had asked me not to repeat his name or link his name to any of his suggestions because he wished to avoid arguments.
Every impression I got was that he is a caring enthusiast.
I have followed his advice about fruit content and it has worked well for me.

Mike05

5 Year Member
Virginia
With that being the case I would like to know how to delete a post.

Meganolvt

Michigan
I use cat food once a week. Works great for mixing calcium and other supplements in as he cleans the plate every time. He laughs when I try to give him worms. Or eggs, or chicken, or any other kind of protein. He eats his greens, veggies and fruit like a champ the rest of the week, so I'll give him his beloved cat food so he gets a little protein.

kelii

5 Year Member
Georgia
I feed wet cat food as their protein once a week. They really like it, especially fish flavors.

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
Hello there. I've only posted a couple times but I read what ever I can. I was just curious if any one has watched his videos? How knowledgable he is? He talks about some stuff that I haven't seen very much on other sites and it looks very well done but I wanted to see what ya'll thought since I couldn't find any thing about him or his site on here or on other sites I have been to. Thanks for any info ya'll have. :)

Mike

I think he is remarkable...I am a subscriber and have learned s great deal on rf and rt care..he is very detailed and has been working with them for over 40yrs...