Redfoot laying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
There has been at least 1 of my females scratching around in the cypress ready to nest.. haven't known which one.. been going on for a couple days. { THERE WILL BE 3-4 MORE IN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS.. MAYBE SOONER! } We'll see how they fare.. the drought of '07 has really had an affect on the '08 season.

Anyway I went out to check on everybody and found her "scratchin'"!!!

I sprinkled the nest-box with hot water.. and placed her in. The box measures 4' square.. it look her about 10 minutes to find her spot.. she started @ 6p..

CIII10608DIG.jpg

Shown in the "trance"..

CIII108Trance.jpg

At 8p she started to cover-up.. see her right foot reaching for the soil to cover the nest.. ( her motion blurred the pic.. plus it's pretty dark in the building )..

CIIIcoverup.jpg

So I set her aside and dug these up..

CIII10608.jpg

.. she usually lays 5-6.

Ready for the incubator.. tiny eggs..

CIII108Eggs.jpg

Some time in late April / early May I'll post pics of hatchlings!

Blessed again..

Terry

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
YAY! You are lucky to have so many eggs so much of the time!!!!!!! Great pics! Which girlie is that???

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Alright. Terry I can get you a commericial incubator. The way your girls are going you may need one. ;o

Chucky

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
S. Oregon
Congrats on the new eggs! Incubator??? He doesn't need one of those. Terry takes all his eggs to bed with him and sleeps with them himself. :)

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Great pictures Terry :D hopefully they are all fertile.

Danny

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
There has been at least 1 of my females scratching around in the cypress ready to nest.. haven't known which one.. been going on for a couple days. { THERE WILL BE 3-4 MORE IN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS.. MAYBE SOONER! }

I forgot to mention that their "nest-box" is seperate from their enclosure table. And they scratch around.. ready to lay.. but it's only 4" or so deep. So I have to put them in the nest box so they can dig their nest and lay their eggs. The nest box is a combination of Black Kow compost manure and other 'compost' out of a bag. I then put an inch or so of cypress over that.. which they started digging in the 'table'.

Look what happened last night!! Ten days later.. isn't that disgusting.. calling it like that? Danny can too!

It's a 2 hour ordeal..

CII11608.jpg

The 'pyramiding' that you see is the result of listening to what the internet redfoot-caresheet world said 8 years ago! { and unfortunately still today }And then I talked with the right folks that knew.. and have since developed the "formula" that works.

See her in her "trance"..

CII11608TRANCE2.jpg

Ever looked into a nest before?..

CIINest11608.jpg

She repositions her eggs just before covering them up..

CIIrepoeggs11608.jpg

CIInestdone11608.jpg

Ready to be cleaned up and coded for the incubator..

CII11608RAWeggs.jpg

A hard days night..

CII11608INCEggs.jpg

Blessed.. AGAIN!!!

Terry

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
LUCKY! I am thrilled for you, though, that you have so many ladies laying eggs!!!!!! One day I hope to have the same results (though not on such a grand scale)!

Status
Not open for further replies.