really worried about tiago and cuttlefish!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Blackburn, U.K.
Well recently tiago eats cuttlefish daily i am not sure why,
i still supplement his food.
I put a bigish piece of cuttlefish in his enclosure within a few hours he has ate alot!
Shall i take it out, should i give him more?
Please reply, thanks?!

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
In all of the posts that I've read on the forum I've never once come across anything that said that tortoises can have too much cuttlefish, so I say let him eat it up.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
I had to take the cuttlebone out of Tonys enclosure..He would chainsaw through one in a few hrs...He ate two rather lg cuttlebones in two days... Now he gets a 1/4 every Thursday and it's gone in a few minutes..

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
if they are eating it.. they need the calcium.. if they eat too much.. they poop it out.. Id let them have it.. you cant tell when they have a growth spurt and thier bodies are craving it.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I let mine eat as much as they want. My cherries especially seem to go through it. I've never had a problem with it.

foxboysracing

10 Year Member!
Oakland, Oregon
One of my boxies that I gave to a friend is having the same issue.She was a turtle I rescued from a school where she had no sun, no uvb and just box turtle pellets and lettuce. She does have signs of MBD. So,in that case,I say let her have as much as she wants. Just today my friend called to ask if she could ever get too much of it. She chews on it daily and eats big chunks. I wasn't sure. Oddly enough, I saw this post today. My brain says "sure... let her have as much as she will eat" , but I also wonder if they get too much will that cause kidney stones? Anyone know for sure?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
If they are well hydrated excess calcium will pass, it is difficult to overdoes on calcium.
Tyler if you are concerned about tiago eating to much, just limit how often he has it.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Thanks,
I dont mind he can eat as much off it as he wants!
I just wanted to know if it will affect him! ;)
Thanks again! :) :) :)
IMG20111107_009-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.