Rare Oppurtunity Anthony Pierlioni from the Turtle Room speaking at Clearwater Chapter Turtle and T

turtlemanfla88

Anthony Pierlioni is the Assistant Director of the Turtle Room,an official Conservation Partner of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums that was developed to provide educational resources,materials and experiences to the general public and to raise awareness in chelonian conservation strategies.Anthony oversees all of the TurtleRoom's video and audio media production.He co-hosts the Pondcast,an online show about turtles,tortoises,other reptiles and related topics.He also authors educational resources and blog articles for the site and works with organizations like the AZA and TSA in his work keeping and breeding turtles.Spider Tortoises(Pyxis arachnoides),Blanding's Turtles(Emydoidea blandingii),Spotted Turtles(Clemmys guttata),and African Dwarf Mud Turtles(Pelusios nanus),are among species he keeps.Recently,he has written a book,which is currently being published, on Black-breasted leaf turtles, of the genus Geoemyda. He keeps both the Vietnamese(Geoemyda spengleri) and Ryukyu(Geoemyda japonica) Black-breasted leaf turtles,the only two species still remaining in this former"waste-basket"taxon.His breeding group of Geoemyda are listed in the AZA studbook and Species Survival Plan.

Please come join us on Sunday August 2nd at 6:00PM.
2750 Park trail Lane
Clearwater,FL 33759
If you have any questions please contact Mark at 352-340-6619 or e-mail [email protected].

Thanks,
Mark

keepergale

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
san diego
Sounds line an amazing speaker. Too bad I am three time zones away.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
As much fun as Florida is, (I am down here with family, at Disney, as well as eating, swimming, and doing other great stuff) I just can't wait for my turtle part of the trip to get here. The Clearwater event will be wonderful.

In addition, there are also meetings and a few drives through the state that I will make which are really going to be amazing. One surprise though, which I am really happy about, is the Gopher Tortoise hole right next to the house where I am staying. I NEED to get that thing on camera!

No matter which divine being you believe in, I can assure you, they had my vision of heaven in mind when they created Florida.

turtlemanfla88

Anthony P,
We are very happy that you could make time in your busy schedule for us.
I completely understand about the family. My wife is outnumbered three to one we do the family thing then my ten and eleven year old do the animal thing. Usually zoos,nature parks,natural history museums,
etc.
My kids are dying to go and swim and catch turtles on the freshwater turtle survey by the Turtle Survival Alliance that I did for the first time this year now I am hooked,but I am so blessed that my children share my passion. I am the parent and I can not wait till the day they are big enough and mature to do the turtle survey with me. if we lived up North it would be different,but ALLIGATORS AND CHILDREN = GATOR BAIT.

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
Oh why did you have to be on the west coast if you where over here near miami I could make it I hope it turns out good though

turtlemanfla88

Anthony Pierlioni did a great talk last night. We can not wait to have him back to speak on his favorite Genus Geoemyda in detail. To everyone and anyone if you get the chance to see Anthony speak do not pass up the oppurtunity.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Thanks for your kind words and hospitality, Mark! The chance to speak to such professional and passionate group was a real honor. I always say, any time you can make a memory that will last, is a good day. I will NEVER forget the trip to Ralph's, dinner, and the talk. You guys are lucky to have each other so close by, and I am honored to know you all, as well.

Here's to decades of collaboration in the future!

turtlemanfla88

Thank you my children really enjoyed your talk and hope you consider if you are ever down in Florida again letting us know so,we can have you come and speak to our group again.
I would like to see The Turtle Room staff do a presentation or question and answer panel on Turtle Night at National Reptile Breeders Expo in Daytona Beach just a suggestion.
Hopefully the weather is better we really are the sunshine state.

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
Thank you my children really enjoyed your talk and hope you consider if you are ever down in Florida again letting us know so,we can have you come and speak to our group again.
I would like to see The Turtle Room staff do a presentation or question and answer panel on Turtle Night at National Reptile Breeders Expo in Daytona Beach just a suggestion.
Hopefully the weather is better we really are the sunshine state.
I hope he goes to Daytona so I can see him