Quad update

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northeast Tennessee
Well I have had the quads almost a month now. I believe things are settling down. They have gotten use to their new place and their mom, me! I am going to have to admit, I'm addicted to these guys. They all have formed their own little personality and they all do things differently. And their all growing, fast.
Arizona still has the biggest personality, she comes over to me when I open their door.
Alfie is still nice and dark, and I have noticed his shell is more dome looking then the others. Callie has learned out routine I believe. In the morning when I turn the water on to start their soak, she takes off, don't matter what she is doing, she stops and runs to the hide just as quick as her little legs will take her. And vanilla, she is the only one that still attempts to climb things and flips. She don't flip often but occasionally she will get carried away and over she goes. Feeding time can get crazy. Their monsters when it comes to their food, they all pile in and go to it. They have all put on a few grams and grown about 1/4" in length so I think we are doing pretty good for time being. I will add some pics, show ya what machines they are when it's food time. They love it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 74

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee
I like the feeding station ;)
Ya we just got that in there. We had to upgrade the swimming hole. And I decided I would throw a little "what's new today" saucer in. So they get their 8-9 different regular diet stuff and then we have something new in our little saucer daily and on Tuesday Thursday they get some turtle chow (that's what I call it), too. That day it was chicken and hen heads. Alfie killed the tort chow and Callie went to down on the heads. Vanilla and Arizona they nibbled both but mainly stuck to their greens. (I call it greens but there's like 8-9 different things out the yard in it) their such pigs. Lol.

tortoisetime565

Oklahoma
Did that in attempt to lessen the puny of Eco earth they drag in their saucers but I'm pretty sure they have little shovels and they toss it in by the shovels full when I ain't looking.
I did the same. I've tried putting moss around to buff their shells as they walk to the water... Its hopeless. Lol

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
YURMMY :D I love the greens all over that guys face.. he really likes it! That one looks (guessing vanilla because she's so light) looks sort small. Does she get bullied? :(

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee
YURMMY :D I love the greens all over that guys face.. he really likes it! That one looks (guessing vanilla because she's so light) looks sort small. Does she get bullied? :(
That's Arizona and yes she loves her greens and she is the smallest if them all, only 1.75" when I got her. No there is no bullying. They all do their thing and get along. I honestly believe if I did have a problem, it would b her doing the bullying. Don't let her size fool ya, she has a huge personality and does what she wants when she want. Goes where she wants when she wants. She is miss queen bee.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Oh, okay :D
Shes the meanie :p Maybe she was the 'runt' of the clutch she hatched in?

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
They are so cute. I love the picture of the one with food all over his face.

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee
They are so cute. I love the picture of the one with food all over his face.
They r pigs. U put food down and it is on! I really could just sit and watch them all day. Their the cutest things, and personality, they all have a great one. Arizona likes to be hand fed. The others think about it but we aren't there just yet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    780.2 KB · Views: 8

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee
I will try to post a video of Arizona. Alfie co-stars in it w her, he is the darker of the 2. He is starting to come around to me but not there just yet. Arizona tho, she is all about it. She comes over anytime I get down to her level and she lines for me to feed her.